Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
The Field Guide to the 2023 and 2024 Solar Eclipses is your essential guide to these coming North American eclipses. The Field Guide includes everything you need to know about the annular solar eclipse on October 14, 2023 and the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024. It will be useful for planning your eclipse viewing experience, with weather prospects detailed. It is also as a road companion on eclipse day, especially if cloudy weather forces a relocation from your planned viewing site. The Field Guide provides beautiful and detailed maps by Michael Zeiler of both eclipse paths at overview, regional, and detail scales with extensive commentary by Michael Bakich, retired senior editor of Astronomy Magazine.
The guide provides vital information such as:
- Tables that list times that each eclipse begins, reaches maximum, and ends at every major city
- Understanding the basics and the timeline of a solar eclipses, and the differences between annular and total solar eclipses
- What an observer will see during the annular and total solar eclipses
- How to choose the best locations for viewing both eclipses
- How to safely view any solar eclipse
- Ideas for locations to compose great eclipse photographs
- Detailed maps that clearly display the durations of both the annular and total solar eclipses
- Additional maps that show eclipse contact times and sky altitudes
- Which planets and bright stars may appear during the total solar eclipse