Shipping Calculated At Checkout, or FREE In-Store Pickup
Contact use for ordering information.
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 8” (203 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 84% more light gathering than a 6” telescope.
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
The iconic 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain has been known for decades as Celestron’s most beloved telescope. Now beginner to intermediate astroimagers can have their own “C-8” at an extremely affordable price. This classic design has been upgraded with our StarBright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission. Combined with our fully featured Advanced VX mount, you have a setup that is ready for both imaging and visual observing.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
The NexStar+ hand control offers multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
|Aperture (mm)||203 mm (7.99 in)|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||841 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||102 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||17" in (432 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|