INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE - FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE! (CONUS only)
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
We do not offer products for purchase unless they are in stock.
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 6” (150 mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 – 77° latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
For those new to astronomy, the Advanced VX 6” Newtonian is an excellent entry-level setup that can grow with you. The Newtonian optical design is excellent for visual observing and offers you the largest aperture for the price.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Focal Length||750 mm (30 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||459 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||38 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||27" in (686 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||10 lbs (4.54 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstructio...||8.78%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.75" in (44 mm)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|