Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS only)
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 6” (150 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 40% more light gathering than a 5” telescope.
- Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
For the intermediate visual observer and beginning astroimager, the Advanced VX 6” SCT is the most affordable Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope on a solid GoTo mount. The Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design is ideal for imagers and visual observers looking for a telescope that is much more portable than the reflector or refractor. The Schmidt-Cassegrain design also eliminates chromatic aberration, making it a good choice for entry-level astroimaging.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
The NexStar+ hand control offers multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Focal Length||1500 mm (59 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||459 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||75 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||16" in (406 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||10 lbs (4.54 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|