Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS only)
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 8” (200 mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- 1.25" Focuser works with standard 1.25" eyepieces (not compatible with 2" eyepieces).
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
Large aperture at an affordable price, our Advanced VX 8” Newtonian provides 78% more light-gathering abilities compared to the 6” model. The parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a sharper image near the edge of the field of view. This scope is great for intermediate visual observers looking for a large aperture with lots of light-gathering power. As you grow in your hobby, you can continue to enjoy all the high-level features of the Advanced VX.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
NexStar+ hand control offers multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
|Aperture (mm)||200 mm (7.87 in)|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||472 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||816 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||50 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||36" in (914 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||14 lbs (6.35 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.58 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.7 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstructio...||7.81%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.2" in (56 mm)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||71 lbs (32 kg)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 12 lbs|