Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
- Super sensitivity and low noise provides a field of view with plenty of stars to lock onto for high resolution autoguiding.
- Extremely small 2.9 micron pixels and ~80% quantum efficiency combine for excellent accuracy on even fainter guide stars.
- Native 64-bit Windows 10 ASCOM driver works with any ASCOM compatible programs on the market such as Sequence Generator Pro, Nebulosity, SharpCap, N.I.N.A., and more!
- Includes StarShootIC software for recording of images and video, or works seamlessly with PHD2 Guiding via the ASCOM driver.
- Small 'Mini' design is lightweight and compact -- attaches to 1.25" focusers or use the female c-mount threads, ideal for attaching to guidescopes or off-axis guiders.
- NOT Mac Compatible
If you're on a quest to improve your astro-images, one of the first places to focus on is the quality of your guiding. Look no further than the Orion StarShoot Mini 2mp AutoGuider Camera. This autoguider and imager represents the next generation of sensitivity and accuracy! This incredibly sensitive camera uses the Sony IMX 290 monochrome sensor, which features a 12-bit image and vanishingly small 2.9 micron pixels. And with a quantum efficiency of around 80%, stars will be visible in any area of the sky you point your guidescope to -- no need to readjust the guidescope positioning to find that "bright" star to lock on to! And as a bonus, the exposure range for this camera spans 0.105ms - 1000s, so you can even use the camera to image a range of objects, from bright planets to faint deepsky objects.
Featuring a pixel array of 1920 x 1080 (6.4mm diagonal, 1/2.8" format) which grabs even more area of the sky compared with our previous autoguider models. A USB port connects the camera with your laptop, and the ST-4 port connects directly to your autoguider compatible mount.
StarShootIC is included free and allows image capture (both stills and video), and is a great tool for focusing on a bright star when in video mode. But the real power of this camera comes when you connect it via the ASCOM driver to PHD2 Guiding and allow it to fine tune the tracking of your mount. We've also made sure to include a 64-bit version of the ASCOM driver so it will work with all 3rd party ASCOM compatible software, including the 64-bit versions!
The front of the StarShoot Mini AutoGuider includes female c-mount threads, to allow a threaded connection to guidescopes such as the 30mm Ultra-Mini. Or if you have a 1.25" focuser, you can simply slip the front of the camera into the focuser, because the entire front section of the camera is 1.25" diameter. The imaging sensor sits 17.5mm back from the front c-mount threads, or 10.5mm forward when fully inserted into a 1.25" focuser.
The StarShoot AutoGuider includes a USB 2.0 cable (2m), an ST-4 guide cable (2m), and a 1.25" nosepiece to extend the 1.25" section of the camera (and it provides standard 1.25" filter threads). Compatible with Win 8/10/11.Warranty
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
- StarShoot Mini Camera
- USB 2.0 cable, 2m
- ST-4 Guide cable, 2m
- Removable 1.25" nosepiece
- Dust plug