Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
- Unleash the power of your smartphone to take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required.
- Patent-pending StarSense sky recognition technology uses your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time. Check phone compatibility here.
- StarSense Explorer app automatically generates a list of objects currently visible. View planets, brighter nebulae and galaxies, star clusters, and double stars from the city. Or take your telescope to darker skies to view faint, deep sky objects.
- Manual altazimuth mount with a slow-motion altitude adjustment knob makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- 80mm refractor with fully coated glass optics for bright, sharp views.
- Includes 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, 2x Barlow Lens, StarSense smartphone dock, a red dot finderscope (in case you want to use the telescope without your phone), and a full-height tripod.
Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense Explorer—the first telescope that uses your smartphone to analyze the night sky and calculate its position in real time. StarSense Explorer is ideal for beginners thanks to the app’s user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials. It’s like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky.
Dock, Launch, Explore
Leave complicated star charts, imprecise planetarium apps, and computerized mounts behind. With StarSense Explorer, locating objects has never been easier, faster, or more accurate. Within minutes of setting up the telescope, you’ll be navigating the sky with confidence. Simply place your phone in the unique StarSense dock and launch the StarSense Explorer app. After aligning your phone to the telescope’s optics (a quick, 2-minute procedure), StarSense Explorer generates a list of celestial objects currently visible. Make your selection and arrows appear onscreen, guiding you as you to move the telescope. When the object is ready to view, the bullseye turns green.
StarSense Explorer works with most modern smartphones, including iPhone 6 and up and most devices running Android 7.1.2 or later manufactured since 2016. For a complete compatibility list, click here.
Perfect for the City or Dark Sky Sites
Even if you live in a light polluted city location, StarSense Explorer is advanced enough to be able to pick out Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, the Orion Nebula, double stars, and a few more of the most famous celestial objects.
But if you can take the telescope to an even slightly darker location, more objects will become visible. The entire telescope kit weighs just 9.2 pounds, so it’s perfectly portable and easy to bring on your next camping trip.
Everything You Need to Observe Immediately
When you unbox your new StarSense Explorer LT, you’ll find:
- 80mm refractor optical tube
- StarSense dock for your smartphone
- Low powered (25mm) and high powered (10mm) eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens to double the power of each eyepiece
- 90-degree erect image diagonal
- StarPointer red dot finderscope, perfect for using the telescope during the day or without the StarSense Explorer app
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod
- Full-height tripod with an accessory tray to keep you organized
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||900mm (35.43")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (0.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||36x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||10mm (0.39")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||90x|
|Barlow Lens||2x (1.25")|
|Finderscope||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal||Erect image 90° (1.25")|
|Highest Useful Magnification||189x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||11x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.74 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.45 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||131x|
|Optical Coatings||Fully-Coated glass optics|
|Optical Tube Length||965mm (38")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||90mm (3.54")|
|Optical Tube Weight||5.4 lbs (2.45 kg)|
|Mount Type||Manual Alt-Azimuth|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||Aluminum, 1320.8mm (52") max height|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||31.75mm (1.25") steel|
|Tripod Weight||3.8 lbs (1.72 kg)|
|GPS||Uses phone's GPS|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CG-5 Dovetail bar|
|Power Requirements||None (Recommend PowerTank Glow to keep phone charged while using app)|
|Alignment Procedures||Use StarSense Explorer app|
|Software||StarSense Explorer app|
|Total Kit Weight||9.2 lbs (4.17 kg)|
|Included Items||Telescope tube | Mount/tripod (preassembled) | 25mm & 10mm eyepieces | Erect image diagonal | 2x Barlow lens | StarPointer finderscope | Accessory tray | StarSense Explorer phone dock|