Do you love sharing the wonders of the night sky? Want to join a group of friends and amateur astronomers with the same passion? If you love amateur astronomy and helping others get into the hobby, we want to talk to you!
Current openings: none presently.
While we don't have any opens at present, we are always open to talking with potential candidates with astronomy experience. Please tell us about your astronomy and outreach experience, and send your resume to email@example.com
Sales Associate Job Description
Mile High Astronomy is looking for a retail sales associate. Requires working Approx. 30-35 hours per week during scheduled shifts. Shifts would be scheduled between 10:AM – 6:PM Tuesday – Saturday, with potential extended hours for events. Opportunities to grow into a full time management position. Saturday hours are required for this position. This position is required to work on site at our Lakewood, CO store.
We need people who are customer focused, and clear and concise communicators. You are able to get to the heart of customer needs and deliver product and support solutions rapidly. We strive to always provide nothing short of a 5-star experience with every visit and interaction.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Clear and Concise communicator.
- Greet and determine the needs of every customer that walks through the door, calls, or emails. Take the time to listen.
- Learn our catalog of products and be able to guide customers to the right solutions for their objectives and constraints.
- Help customers with their own telescopes and equipment. Learn to provide basic tutorials.
- Handle product returns happily. We stand behind our products and provide friendly, no hassle returns.
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone. We often field calls and need to call customers to follow up on orders or questions.
- Field email support and product questions.
Merchandising and Maintenance:
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and well-stocked showroom. When you see things needing dusting or vacuuming, products needing adjustments or restocking, take the initiative to keep the showroom looking its best.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized stock area. Ensure merchandise is organized and stored where it is supposed to be.
- Maintain and clean up the kitchenette and restroom – this is a shared responsibility.
- Ability to Multitask
- Come to work on time and let us know in advance if you are feeling sick or will otherwise be unable to work your scheduled shift. (DO NOT come to work if you are feeling ill.)
- Quickly learn how to use our Point of Sale system and Shopify web admin.
- Quickly learn how to take phone orders and process shipments.
- Pick and pack orders to be shipped with strong attention to detail (many products look similar).
- Learn how to update product details and maintain an accurate product catalog and inventory on the website.
- Be able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours.
- Continually be able to carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance, such as vacuuming and general cleaning.
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 55 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Speaking on the phone and in person, engaging with customers, and helping load cars.
- Safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Be passionate about Astronomy! Additional consideration given if you have personal experience in observational astronomy or astrophotography.
- Be a good fit for our company culture and team.
- Must be 18 years or older with reliable transportation.
- Be customer focused and able to deliver exceptional customer service in person, on the phone, and online.
- Excellent organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective and concise communication skills, verbal and written.
- Computer literacy, including email, MS Office, and basic image editing.
- Ability to effectively work with a team.
- Willingness to ask questions and not be afraid to say “I don’t know”.
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes, because we all make them.
- Be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID.
Position pay starts at $20/hour, and increases with skills, experience, and broader responsibilities. Potential to grow into a management position.
Up to 48 hours of paid sick leave per year earned at 1 hour of sick time per 30 hours worked.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, qualifications, and contact information.
About Mile High Astronomy
Mile High Astronomy is founded on the idea that astronomy is accessible, inspiring, and fun. To that end, it is the job of every employee to help guide customers to the products and services that will help them have enjoyable and memorable experiences with the night sky. While we sell telescopes, we are primarily providing experiences and memories.
Especially during the holidays, our store is a fast paced environment. We have a constant drive to do better and be a better resource to the astronomical community. Our showroom is a dynamic environment, constantly changing with new inventories and in response to customer needs. Our website is an ever expanding resource of information.